The Pirate has a new look!
Greeting Interweblings, much love and many kisses to you all.
I hope you’re enjoying the blog’s new slightly sleeker design (it’s also totally cool if you haven’t noticed, you know, whatever…) I felt like it was time for a change and even though I love my blog as much as the day I started it, it’s good to refresh things every now and then. The design may still be tweaked a little because I am by no means a designer (and I don’t understand the depths of wordpress) but I’ve drawn up a simple background based on my recent obsession with monochrome, gallery walls and repeated motifs.
Also, the lovely overpackedandunderpaid tagged me in her post about The Liebster Award (read it here) which is basically an awesome scheme designed to help upcoming bloggers discover new blogs and network more efficiently within the blogging community. Networking really isn’t my thing (my thing is more skulking in the corner muttering about taking pitchforks to people’s eyes…#truestory) I definitely need to do this more and I’m sure there are loads and loads of amazing blogs which I’m missing out on, so that will be a priority for the foreseeable future. Meanwhile, the aim of the game is to:
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 10 questions set to you
- Come up with 10 more questions
- Nominate some other bloggers to take part!
So here we go, I’m kind of going to cheat and do half of each part just because I’m really worried that you’ll all get bored and wander off and have a cup of tea. Let’s have none of that.
Right, here we go…
1. I’m a massive fan of selfies. I work hard at them, I enjoy them, and nothing makes me happier than instagramming a nice photo of my face. #toselfieishealthy
2. The reason I love selfies is because photos taken of me when I’m not ready are truly awful. It’s a problem.
(This picture actually horrified me so much when it was taken that I exclaimed, “Oh, No!” while sat in the Photo Booth, while in the village shop. A true low point.)
There are so many more photos which are so much worse than this but I just can’t bring myself to post them.
3. I am terrified of cows, and in fact all hooved animals. They have the ability to kill me with one swipe of their tiny bony feet and if that’s not terrifying I just don’t know what is. I once did a cross country walk and my dear sister walked behind me the whole way moo-ing loudly until I whacked her with my hiking pole. #truestory
4.My favourite book is ‘Franny and Zooey’ by J.D.Salinger. Zooey is my literary soulmate and I will love him forever. Permanent existential crises have never been so sexy 😉
5. I love taking photographs of everything. Since I’ve inherited my iPhone I’ve so enjoyed capturing little moments with my friends and family, it means so much to me to have them to look back on 🙂
Here are the questions set to me: (again I’m answering them selectively – sorry if you are particularly fascinated by me!)
Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging to document my travels (basically so that my Mum didn’t spend three months constantly panicking that I had died), and sent the link to my immediate family so that they would be able to keep up to date if they were interested. (and, I’m not gonna lie, basically because I decided it was time to get rid of my charming reputation as ‘the weaker cousin’ and the all around tiniest and frailest of the family. I realise this makes my family sound like the Hunger Games, and I don’t want to compare myself to Katniss Everdeen but I am Katniss Everdeen) (;
Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Mila Kunis. Please! I was once compared to this gorgeous lady and it went a little like this: “you look like Mila Kunis” all very well and good, what a nice chap, thank you very much “although less pretty, obviously”… Ouch.
Anyway, that is to this day the best compliment I have ever received. Mila is so dreamy.
Do you have any secret skills/party tricks?
Well yes, actually, thank you so much for asking, I have two skills and my favourite of them is my ability to down jagerbombs really quickly. This is not exactly a transferable skill but it’s a good party trick and a fantastic way to impress prospective employers. I kid, I kid..
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
LONDON, London, London, London. Why would anybody want to live anywhere else? The Queen lives in London, and she’s a very canny lady.
What is your dream job?
I would really reallly like to be a professional blogger. I will be talking a little more about this secret dream of mine in some upcoming posts so stay tuned!
I nominate my dear sister thereiamfree and I would like her to answer the following questions:
1. What made you want to start blogging?
2. Which recent invention are you most grateful for?
3. What’s your secret procrastination tool?
4. Who is your favourite sister? Just kidding, tell us about your best live music experience…
5. How do you imagine your life in fifty years time? (You can go crazy, hover cars and jet packs are totally gonna be a thing) 😉
As I have failed to tag more than one person (more networking, less pitchforks), feel free to change up the questions if you so wish (mine are pretty rubbish, sincere apologies…) and give it a go yourselves if you fancy it!
Big Love, PV x