I’m still unhappy with February, but I am super glad it’s over and in my mind it’s basically summer! I don’t know why I have such a problem with February. It’s just kinda a ‘meh’ month for me, and I’m pretty cranky if the sun’s not out. On the plus side I discovered the US version of The Office is on Netflix (score!), I got a(nother) job, and I finally figured out how to switch on the heater in my room (just in time for summer, I know, I know…) Anyway, enough of my complaining, here’s what I’ve been loving this month…
1. Black and White photography. There’s something so delicious about warm black and white tones, and it covers a great multitude of sins! As you can see from this month’s collection, I’m loving blacks and whites with splashes of colour – especially yellow. I’ve taken on a big project in my room (coming soon!) using this colour scheme, and I adore it.
2. Washi tape. It comes in so many colours, you can stick it to things, you can stick things to it. Done and done.
3. My Grey ‘Pantone’ Macbook case. This case is so simple, but ‘designed’ enough to be interesting, and it’s the best one I’ve found to protect my beloved computer. It’s very affordable and perfect for slinging in my rucksack whenever I need to go out and about and also be able to update my blog. Don’t say I never do nice things for you 😉
4. Yellow running shoes! I’ve signed up for a 5k fun run in June (fun? More like terrifying and physically traumatising but whatevs…) and my yellow shoes brighten up every single gym trip (that’s a total lie and we both know it, but having yellow shoes does make me feel kinda fancy as I drag myself on and off the running machines for frequent ‘lie downs’ on the yoga mats. Just kidding…)
5. Metallic Sharpies! Gold, Silver and Bronze, who knew they did those?! I’ve been drawing on everything and having a great time. #thuglife
6. Shift dresses. I’m not sure if I could pull these off but I think they’re so cute, versatile and wearable. These two caught my eye in Topshop, and I’m hoping this trend is coming back in a big way.
7. I’m still lusting after the gorgeous gold dogeared necklace I featured in my last favourite post, but it’s a little pricey, and these gorgeous geometric necklaces are so much more affordable. I love dainty gold pieces and for £10 and under, these are a steal (From Orelia’s website)
8. Black nail varnish is always in fashion right? Popular with goths and thirteen year olds with anger issues the world over, I know, but it’s been my go to colour for as long as I can remember. #secretgoth. #notreally
9. Dafffffffffodillls. I have a couple of these sitting on my windowsill and even though I’m terrified that they’re going to die (despite the fact that I have been caring for them like new born children), they smell great, they look amazing and they’re just so cute.
What have you been loving this month?
Hooray for March! Big love, PV x